Sunday, March 10, 2013

Sonne by Rammstein.


When I originally watched the Rammstein video it was very different than what I am used to in seeing in music videos. It is very dark and shows men in a cave mining gold for what I am calling Snow White. When you see her enter she also resembles what we would consider to be the attire that Snow White would wear. In the video she seems to be keeping the dwarfs as some sort of slaves. The reason for me saying this is besides them working in the mines, one dwarf is seen cleaning apples while she watches. You can relate this in some fashion to the Disney version because she does have the 7 dwarfs with her. Also the symbol after Snow White is asleep and they put her in the glass coffin, which is also seen in the Disney version. My favorite version of this story would have to be the Brothers Grimm version. I feel like this version of the story most people have heard and it is easy to relate to. Also the famous lines “mirror mirror on the wall whose the fairest of them all”. This story just has the classic feel that everyone knows from being told the stories as a young child. The ending if the Brothers Grimm’s Snow White is also my favorite. My reasoning for this would have to be the line the mirror says “My Queen, you may be the fairest here, but the young queen is a thousand times more fair”. This is my favorite ending because it is what gives the child or reader the moral of the story.

No comments:

Post a Comment