Sunday, February 3, 2013

Blog Entry 1

There are many reasons that I chose this class. One reason that I chose this class is that I have always wanted to learn the deeper meaning behind folktales. Not only does it complete some of my McDaniel plan but it is also a very interesting class. It reminds me of times when my mother would tell me stories when I was younger. It lets me look deeper into what they really me. This stories that we have been told mold and shape who we are even if we don't think so. What I hope to accomplish in this class is to be able to read folktales and other stories and be able to see the true meaning of it.




My favorite folktale of all time would be Hansel and Gretel by The Grimm Brothers. One of the main reasons that I have a connection to this story is I feel every kid can relate. I have been lost in the woods so I have a connection that way as well. Kids relate because they try to remain innocent but there are outside evils that force them to change. It is a classic story and the majority of people have heard this story this is why it is one of my favorite folktales.


No comments:

Post a Comment